Happy Sunday Everyone!
I have had so much fun getting a game plan together for decorating my new house, and I wanted to share my top 5 rules to follow, while trying to keep it under control ! I know it can be overwhelming when trying to furnish a new house or space, wanting it to be perfect all at once, so I hope you find one or two of these tips helpful.
- Pick a budget and stick to it. There are so many pretty pieces out there that I would love to buy, however some of the pieces are a bit too pricey. It’s great to look, but make sure that you are staying under or at your budget, to prevent having to cut out other items or things you may want or need later.
- Buy what you love! It’s important to buy pieces you love, because you will find a way to make them work and fit in. Purchasing pieces that you don’t necessarily love, could cause you to replace them in the near future. Don’t be spontaneous, make sure you think your purchases through.
- Select a color theme. It’s great to select a color theme (around 3-4 colors), that you can stick with, and carry throughout your home. Not only will it make your house look beautiful, but it will also make it flow very nicely. You can choose one of the colors as your dominant color in each room, and the others as accents to differentiate the rooms. This will be make you feel and look like a professional decorator 🙂
- Shop ’til you Drop. When it comes to shopping, use every available avenue that you can find. What I mean by that, is make sure that not only are you searching in local stores, but take advantage of the internet. Search online, local stores, thrift stores, specialty shops, yard sales, and even friends who may be discarding items. You never know what treasures you will find, or what deals are there to be made.
- Fun DIY options. With all the ideas on Pinterest now a days, If there is something in-particular you want or something you want to customize, a DIY project is very rewarding and will make the perfect addition to your home. I have completed a few DIY projects myself, and It has allowed me to save money and still get what I want.
I have found these tips to be very helpful throughout my new home purchases and I hope that you find them to be too 🙂
On a side note, I’m so upset the Raven’s lost ! I guess there’s always next week :/
ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND!